Complete supplier of underground storage and brine extraction
KBB Underground Technologies GmbH is a specialist in the construction and operation of underground energy storage and brine/salt extraction. KBB UT plans, builds and operates underground storage facilities in various geological structures such as salt formations, aquifer structures and depleted reservoirs. Products stored include natural gas, crude oil, gas, oil products, compressed air and hydrogen.
As an engineering company, KBB UT takes care of all aspects of storage facility operations: Preliminary studies, planning, supervising cavern well drilling, completion and finally the installation and filling of the caverns and their operation. Together with DEEP. Underground Engineering GmbH, KBB UT installs all above-ground facilities, transmission lines and everything else needed for storage and brine extraction projects.
Our range of activities also includes upgrading or re-completing existing storage systems.
A multidisciplinary team makes sure projects are completed successfully.
Overview of services:
- General advice and preliminary project investigation
- Site and project evaluations and feasibility studies
- Economic feasibility studies
- Geological, hydrogeological and geophysical investigations
- Basic evaluation
- Preliminary and detailed design, implementation planning
- Construction of turnkey plants
- Procurement of supplies and services
- Project management
- Site management and monitoring, quality control
- Authority, safety and environment engineering
- Operating, maintanance and staff training
- Quality control according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2008, DIN EN ISO 14001:2004.
Please click here for our Standard Order Terms and Conditions.