Potash solution mining
KBB UT offers the following services for potash solution mining projects:
- Feasibility study including assessment of the geological situation and the potash deposit
- Planning of drilling and geological activities, and monitoring and evaluating the results of exploration boreholes
- Evaluating the deposit to determine the production capacity and total reserves of potash
- Concepts for pilot plants
- Planning the production wells, including completions and solution mining operations
- Planning the solution mining operation including computer simulations of the expected salt concentrations of the produced brine
- Provision of technical and human resource support when commissioning solution mining facilities
- Geomechanical dimensioning of the geometry of solution mining caverns including pillars and safety distances
- Doing preparatory work for the elaboration of operating plans, occupational/environment protection documents (SHE documents), as well as quality management.
In addition, the surface salt processing plant can also be planned in collaboration with a plant engineering company specialised in salt processing.